HISTORY OF NFC - 2020 - 2030

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the SANFL endured a truncated season of 14 games, commencing 28th June.  Because it was decided to have a top four finals system, Norwood just missed the finals finishing in fifth position with six wins and eight losses.  Losses in the first two rounds by less than a goal saw us hovering around the middle of the ladder in a very even season.  AFL clubs Adelaide and Port Adelaide did not compete.
The under 18s enjoyed premiership success at Thebarton Oval with a win over Sturt, 15-13 to 8-5.  Nathan Hearing won the Allan Stewart Medal for best afield.  The team was coached by Chris O’Connor.
Through the season, club revenue was boosted by the highly successful “Fortis In Procella” cam-paign.
The Wolf Blass Community Centre was completed and officially opened.  The club expressed appreciation to Wolf Blass who contributed $1 million, as well as Jo and the late Bill Cooper who contributed $250,000.  Many thanks also to the Norwood, Payneham & St.Peters Council for their support.
New Coach Jade Rawlings brought an element of excitement and expectation despite the team field no less than fielding eight players each week who played less than 20 games.  
In the minor round , Norwood finished third having won 11 games and lost 7, but lost the qualifying final to the Eagles and the first semi final to South to finish a creditable fourth.
Matthew Nunn captained the club for the first time, and impressive Shepparton recruit Nikolaus Rokahr won the Michael Taylor Medal club champion award.
SANFLW player Sophie Armitsead won her second consecutive Norwood Best & Fairest.
Norwood was selected to be one of four clubs to participate in the inaugural Wheelchair Football Association.

Norwood won  their 31st premiership by winning 15 games, losing 7 games and defeated North Adelaide by 1 point in a thriller at Adelaide Oval, 8 -11 to 8 - 10. After losing the Qualifying Final to Adelaide
by 55 points, Norwood swept the rest of the finals series by defeating Glenelg, Adelaide and North Adelaide. Matt Panos kicked the winning goal 2 minutes before the final siren.
The Team:
Coach: Jade Rawlings
F:  Luke Surman,  Connor McLean,  Baynen Lowe
HF:  Henry Nelligan,  Ben Jarvis,  Matthew Panos
C:  Josh Richards,  Jacob Kennerley (vc),  Matthew Nunn (c)
HB:  Declan Hamilton,  Thomas Donnelly,  Nicholas Lowden
B:  Pierce Seymour,  Cameron Ball,  Jack Heard
Ruck:  Harry Boyd,  Nick Rokahr,  Jay Rantall
Int:  Samuel Morris,  Jackson Kelly,  Brodie Carroll,  Mitch Carroll

Harry Boyd won the Jack Oatey Medal for the best afield in the Grand Final and topped off his season with the Michael Taylor Medal as Norwood Club Champion.
Matthew Nunn was the inaugural recipient of the Philip DeQuetteville Robin Medal for best afield in the Anzac Day clash against West Adelaide played in Port Lincoln.

Norwood got off to a poor start for the season, losing the first 8 games and although steady improvement was made in the latter part of the season, Norwood never seriously threatened
for a finals berth. For the season, Norwood had 6 wins, 11 losses and 1 draw and finished in 7th place on the ladder.
Nick Rokahr was awarded his second Michael Taylor Medal as Club Champion.